Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The In-laws

So I realized how blessed I truly am. I am surrounded by individuals who dread spending time with their in-laws. How truly lucky am I that not only do I love spending time with them, but it is almost like I was made to fit in with them! :-) I mean how many people do you know, that feel comfortable enough to call their mother and father-in law, mom and dad?? HA! I don't know very many...now granted, when I'm around both sets of parents, that gets confusing...haha so I stick with Colleen and Larry when my parents are there as well. :-)



The main reason why Jim caught me off guard with his proposal was because I thought for certain he wouldn't do it until I met his parents. So you can imagine my shock when he did propose. 

I was not just meeting Jim's parents anymore...I was meeting the people that WOULD be my in-laws.

.....NO PRESSURE....


I guess it was kind of a bitter-sweet...well...it could have been. At the moment he put the ring on my finger my fear became, what if they don't like me?well...I guess it doesn't really matter at this point...


When we walked in the door to meet his family, Jim opened the door, and left me standing in the foyer, while he went to give his mom and sister's a hug. Then I hear his mom say "Well? Where is she? You left her in there Jim?". They came out to greet me with big smiles and all of them gave me a hug. It was that moment that I felt like I actually joined the family :-)


I will say that it helped that I'd met Robyn from my singles ward in Houston. AND I met Hillary when Jim flew up to see me for conference.


In any case, I love my inlaws! And I'm not just writing this because I know at least half of them will read this post haha...I truly do feel as though I've known them my whole life. I am so grateful that I am able to love them as I do my birth family. They are all such great people! It's no wonder my husband is so amazing! With a family such as his, How could he not?


SO!  Mom, Dad, Hillary, Robyn, David, John, Heather, Mackenna! (*and Jim of course) Thank you for making me feel so welcome and like part of the family. I want to publicly say, I love all of you.

3 comments:

Heather said...

It is a wonderful thing to have great in-laws that accept you as one of their own! This is a family that definitely showers lots of love on the "out-laws." So glad that you and Jim are so happy! And...we love you too!

Colleen Clemens said...

Thanks Karisa, Jim picked the best. We are so happy you are a part of our family and we feel like you've belonged with us forever. We can hardly wait to see you, Jim and Juliet! Thanks for the warning about the Cornish Game Hens. I've always wondered if I should try them. I just decided a bigger chicken would be less hassle and feed more people! Thanks for blogging. Love you.

Rebekah said...

That is so neat Karisa!! did you know that I also have a blog too? email or call me and I will let you know it!
love ya!

Post a Comment