Wednesday, September 7, 2011

KARISA...YOU'VE GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO...PART 2

Update on Karisa....

I am still a stay at home mom. :-) Loving every minute of it still!! I keep thinking I want to go back to school, but I don't think that is realistic right now because we can't afford a steady babysitter and I don't want someone else to watch her for me. I honestly don't know how working moms do it...have someone watch the kids while they go to work. I feel like Angela has grown up so fast already...I can't imagine how fast she would grow up if I worked!!

I was babysitting a little boy 2 months older than Angela from like Jan to April...I think. They played so well together that it wasn't that bad. :-) They pretty much did their own thing and I was able to still get stuff done. Of course that was before either of them got to the "It's Mine!" stage. Emotionally it was a bit tough, but I made it through, since both of them took at least a nap a day and not at the same time. :-)

We went to Texas in April 2011, where my mom was awesome enough to let me work on my wedding album. I finished it in a week too!! My awesome dad would watch Ange and let me just go work with my mom. :-) There were several 1am nights spent scrapbooking, but it was worth it! I show it to pretty much everyone who comes over! It was sad to leave again though...I long for the days that we can be either a couple hours from our family or right around the corner. BUT I try to stay positive and love where I'm at! I don't like to favor one family over the other, and I try REALLY hard not to but I refuse to do the alternating holiday thing because I feel like I'm missing my sisters grow up already! I can't imagine alternating holidays because who knows if we'll get to see them at all that year. :-(

Elyssia came up for the 4th of July and we hiked the "Y" together! :-) in about 40 minutes I think...on the way down I got a little overzealous and was gaining some speed...I hear Elyssia say, "Slow down there Speedy Gonzales!" to which I reply, "I'm fine! I'm not going that-" and then I fall and scrape my knee pretty good! Of course this time I didn't bring towels...blood is gushing down my leg and everyone who is on their way up stops to ask if I'm okay. haha. Yes I was okay, I wasn't going to pass out. It looked alot worse than it was. It took FOREVER TO HEAL TOO! Leg was pretty bruised up too so it hurt to walk. So naturally, because I found something that I thought was so fun to do...(hike the Y).....I got hurt doing it and so I couldn't do it again! :-P LAME!

I sprained my ankle at a ward slip 'n slide (explanation later...) and am still healing and because of that plus my knee incident...haven't been able to work out for 2 months and it is killing me!! Sometimes my foot feels well enough to walk to the store and such, but after about an hour of walking it hurts and swells yet again. (RIDICULOUS FACT: It cost me $178 for the Dr. to tell me I had a cold. $89 for a print of the xray of my ankle. $119 because I went to get the Xray. And $93 to have the Dr. look at my ankle. That is $479 People!! And you wondered why I never want to go to the Dr! LUCKILY insurance put out $427.96, so I only owe 51.04...BUT STILL!! I'll think twice before I think I need to go to the Dr. again!! Not much motivation to see a Dr! :-P

I found a new love for Halo, and Xbox...

I discovered that my new favorite movie is Tangled and have watched it at least once a day since we got it...(almost 2 months ago)...it gets me EVERYTIME! lol I seriously haven't found a movie that I can honestly watch it over and over and I don't want to fast forward through parts...BUT I CAN WITH THIS ONE!!

I probably shouldn't but...I confess....I have been keeping up with the Kardashians...but when they start yelling and dropping the F-bomb...I mute it. I don't care to hear that crap. :-P

I gave in and finally tried on Skinny Jeans.....and.....LOVE THEM!! They are NOT the skinny jeans that look like they are vacuum sealed to your legs though... :-P Super flattering though! And I got the shoes that I was dying to get! And even better! they were only $6!! Pictures will be added later.... :-)

I turned 23! Weird! :-) Jim and I went to the Temple while a friend watched Angela. My sister Elyssia had lunch from Pizza Hut delivered. (AWESOME IDEA!) I kind of treated myself to 4 new dresses from Target. It has been a while since I've felt pretty, and man I felt pretty and sexy and everything(but ugly) in these dresses! Again...pictures to come...maybe. :-)

I am once again, finding myself unable to balance my daily tasks and being a mom...I have so much to do during the day, but all of it is so hard to do with Ange, and when she takes a nap, I find myself doing the same because I am exhausted! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I feel like my post has gone on way too long...so I'll stop...even though, I'm sure I could come up with more! haha...As much as I feel ridiculous saying it...that was the short and sweet version! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment