Wednesday, September 7, 2011

KARISA...YOU'VE GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO...PART 3

I will try as hard as I possibly can to make this short and sweet...but I think we all know it is gonna be a doozy!
Update on Angela!!

Where to begin???? haha

Christmas 2010: We thought she would be walking for sure but she had other plans so the stroller and doll that Ninny got her, didn't do much good at the time. Overall, Angela liked the paper more than anything else. :-)

January 2011: Angela turned 1!!! I can't even believe I have a 1 year old! When she turned one it was like a complete transformation! She wasn't the same baby! She knew all of her baby signs and used them to get what she wanted! She had a birthday party and would have eaten the entire cake if mommy would have let her! Man that girl can put it away! She even took her first steps on her birthday!!!

In April, on our way to TX to visit Ninny, I found out that Angela is quite a social butterfly! She went up to this random lady and put her head on her lap and just waited for her to scratch her head...haha! The lady just laughed and Angela patted her leg in response. lol. It was great! She LOVED the flight there! She would hold out her hands to the Flight Attendants for them to hold them, and several of them did! haha. On the way home however it was not so fun! She missed her nap, and wouldn't sleep. She wouldn't even eat the food for her. She was screaming, seriously the whole flight! 3 hours of joy...several times I just went to the bathroom and put her on the floor (yes I realize it was gross) and I just cried...I swore I'd never fly alone with her again! :-(

I can't really remember what she did in what months so I'll just list some of the things she does now...

-She sits in a big girl booster seat at the table with everyone else.

-Thanks to Aunt Emma (who is on her mission now) she can feed herself successfully!

-She can jump...almost getting both feet off the floor.

-She is in size 5 shoes now...I would love to just not get shoes, but her feet get dirty fast. :-P

-SHE LOVES WATCHING TANGLED!! She will actually sit through the whole movie! haha

-She sleeps without being swaddled, and now she only gets her binky when she goes to bed. Several times she has gotten her binky then come and taken me by the hand, walked me to her bed and said "night night". haha

-MAJOR MONKEY! She loves to climb!!

-Her favorite thing to do is climb on a bucket and flip over the couch, then run back around and do it again!

-She refuses to eat sometimes. In which case I go through the "this is your food so you'll eat it if you're really hungry" stuff. I usually win! ;-)

-She discovered the tree house at the mall! I still think she might be a little too little for it, but only because she almost gets run over every time! But she loves it! She won't actually go into the Tree house, but she'll try to go up and down the slide. :-)

-She has been in nursery since she was 14 months thanks to the policy in our ward they can go early! lol Mainly I'm sure because with all the kids in the ward they have 4 kids tops! Thank goodness for nursery too, because otherwise, I'm sure I would go inactive!!

-She is terrible on Sundays! All the other days she is a goober, but not bad...On Sunday, she is ridiculous. She has done everything from throwing a fit in sacrament meeting...in which case she has to sit on our lap in the hall (She absolutely hates this, because people let their kids run all over and she can't join them)...to peeing on the carpet as soon as she is out of the tub! She'll refuse to eat. I just don't understand! But in church I hold it together pretty well. :-) Honestly at church, I ignore it...I'm sure everyone without kids thinks I'm such an inconsiderate person to all those trying to feel the spirit...but tough! :-P

-She LOVES lollipops, and applesauce, and string cheese (but doesn't know how to string it.)

-She will rock her baby. Walking around and bouncing saying "shh. shh. shh."

-She usually says thank you without being prompted. :-)

-She has a rough time sharing now...we had some friends over and the little boy touched her baby and she grabbed it from him and slapped him on the head! Could not believe she did that!

-She is still too young for the crayon menus...turn our head for one second and she ate half a crayon! Next thing you know...she is pooping green and blue. haha! (sry if that is over sharing!)

-She lets us brush her teeth every night. I forgot to mention that she now has 8 front teeth and 2 molars on each side!

-She also got her daddy's gap in her teeth. Which I think is adorable! :-)

-She loves the sound a cow makes. If you ask her what any animal says, first she'll say "mooooo!" Until you tell her what sound the animal actually makes. So far we have heard cow, monkey, pig, horse, sheep, donkey, dog, bird, and cat. That I can think of at the moment...

-Sometimes she sings. Of course not when people are around...but when Jim and I go "ahhhhhhhh" she will too! it is way funny! So cute!

-She can repeat what you say to her. :-) After hearing "sexy beast" and "vodka" repeated, we decided we need to be way more careful what we say around her! lol! FYI: "sexy beast" came from Aunt Emma saying mommy's nick name from girls camp, and "vodka" came from mommy being silly at a restaurant when Ange got a hold of the alcohol menu.

So far we have heard her say:

Mama- "mama"
Dada- "dadda"
binky- "dee dee"
night night-"nigh nigh"
glow worm- "bobo"
baby- "baby"
banana-"NANA!"
apple-"APO"
water-"WAAWAA!"
book-"ook"
thank you- "tan tu"
please-"peas"
food-"foo"
pizza-"Seesaw!"
tangled-sounds like Angel
chip-"sip"
robyn-"roy" haha
gramma-"mamma"
grandpa-"bampa"
ninny-"ninny"
lucy-"suzy"
hillary-"hiwy"
alasyn-sounds like Alice...
kevin-currently sounds like "ot dog"
hope-"howey"
jacee-"Daycee"
will-"Wiw"
go-"GO!!"
bye bye- "BYE BYE!"
I love you- "I woah YOU!"
hello- "hewo"
hi-"HIEY!"
apple sauce-"saa saas"
juice-"dus"
sorry- "sah ey"
shoes- "sues!"
socks- "sahs"

And I'm sure there are much much more....I just can't think of them. But including her sign vocabulary...I can't even count how many words she can say!

Sorry this was so long, but as you can see, Angela has grown SO much! I can't believe how fast she has grown, and that she is already talking! It is insane! I can't believe she will be 2 years old in 4 months! Hope this wasn't unbearably long... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment