Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Come thou Fount....ain ;-)



My sweet husband has wanted a fountain....for a LONG time. :-) I have too, but I never really put a lot of effort into finding one.

While we were at a Stephensen family reunion, Jim saw this fountain that is copper colored and has leaves that the water flows down from. It was really dusty a
nd cost $5. So Jim asked if we could get it, and of course being the loving wife I am, I said if it was something that he would like to have, sure. So....he bought it. Only to find out that it didn't work...haha. Ain't that a kick in the head... he looked so sad when he realized the fountain had no way to plug it in, but honored his purchase (of course from my family...haha) and took it home.

I don't think I have ever seen someone so determined to make something work in my life! It was adorable! He went to several stores to find the right cord and every time we found out the cord was $20. With that you can just buy a new fountain. Not worth it.

One day Jim came home and was REALLY excited! He tells me he found a cord at work that is the right one for the fountain!! :-D sure enough...IT WAS!! so he cleaned it off and with some helpful guidance from me, we got the fountain working right. I swear he glowed about it! I still catch him staring at it, and for a while he just kept saying..."I did it...I like our fountain...Its so pretty."

...like I said...HE IS ADORABLE! That must be where Angela gets her cuteness from too! ;-)

So now we have a fountain with pretty, shiny rocks in the bottom
that greet the water cascading down from leaf to leaf. He is so proud of his work, and I'm so proud of my honey.

Finished product. This lovely serene fountain now adorns our dining table.
Night vision ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment