Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We are doing better than we think we are, but we could be doing better

This was pretty much the theme of our Regional Conference. It was a great session! I was so glad that I could make it!

Julie B. Beck repeated, "You are doing better than you think you are doing." I took it to mean that these times are hard and trying. We have to work hard to stay out of the "flow" of the world. We recognize our inadequacies more frequently and more easily than others might.

She followed up by saying,"...but you could be doing better." Oh how true this is! I have realized lately just that. I'm doing pretty well when it comes to staying on the straight and narrow, but oh boy could I be doing better!

We went to the temple a while back and as I was in there, I remembered just how much is not right in my life. I am still a worthy and righteous member, but there are things in my life that I know I need to change.

I have such a testimony of repentance. I am so thankful that the Lord, Jesus Christ died for me. Were it not for him I would not be able to make it back to my Heavenly Father. I am so happy that our Father in Heaven knew that we would make mistakes, and does not think any less of us because of the mistakes we have made or will make. He made it possible to repent and to essentially start over because He loves us, and WANTS us to return to Him again. I am so grateful for a forgiving and caring God, who is aware of my needs and weaknesses.

I know that as we approach the trials of life, we need to rely on Him. Look to Him. I especially know that when asked, He will help us find the strength to fight through and make it back to Him.

For those of you who are having a hard time...remember...you are doing better than you think you are. I know that God loves you. I love you. Keep the Faith. It is never too late to get back on track.

1 comment:

Colleen Clemens said...

Thanks for your sweet testimony.

Post a Comment