Friday, October 15, 2010

Walk it off!

I've been trying to walk every day, and I was doing REALLY well for 3 weeks! I was so proud of myself...I'd walk for at least half an hour everyday. Usually I walked with Jim to school or work and it worked really well! I could feel such a difference in my days!!


Then, the curse of Eve. For a week I felt like crap...and cramped...thus making it so I didn't want to walk. I noticed a significant difference in my days. I felt so lazy. Tired ALL the time! I got frustrated easily with Jim or Angela. It felt unsatisfied with my life and what I felt didn't matter to anyone. (Though, logically, I know that neither of those are true...if anything the opposite is true!)

I told Jim what I was feeling...and together we connected the dots:
exercise = happy Karisa and no exercise = sad Karisa.

Since then I've walked everyday! and I am back to LOVING my life! I think it is a safe assumption that I am probably going to have to battle my depression for the rest of my life. But with such a supportive husband, we will win :-)


Isn't it interesting how it takes 3+ weeks to MAKE a habit...and only 1 day to BREAK it?? I wish that wasn't true...but it is :-P

Anyways, just thought I'd share that I'm back to walking! And trying to figure out what to do when winter comes...its already too cold to walk in the mornings with Angela...Any ideas? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

I am the EXACT same way... By the way, My name is Heather...long time Clemens Family Friend. For the walking when it's cold/cool, I use a fleece sling/wrap thing and baby stays toasty next to me with a hat and socks. (We spend alot of time in hockey rinks too.) Other wise I use an exercise dvd or we have a gazelle. I know some people walk the mall. I like to shop too much for this to accomplish exercise personally. Anyway, good luck!! You'll figure it out. I like the cold, so I take my babies out in it all bundled up, but that's just me.

Marcus n McKenzie said...

I know the depression thing. It's hard, but exercising seems to make my days better as well. Wish we were closer so I had someone to walk with and motivate me! Good job! It takes a lot to get myself out to walk. When it was so hot here, whenever we'd go to Wal Mart or the store, we'd walk all the aisles and park farther from the entrance. It's not great, but it's better than freezing. I hate being cold!

Post a Comment